Antique Pitcher - Simply states SILVER - Mark ??

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
gmcelroy

Antique Pitcher - Simply states SILVER - Mark ??

Post by gmcelroy »

Hello....I purchased this antique pitcher today (which I just polished to remove the tarnish) and it is marked "SILVER" on the bottom (i.e. NOT STERLING SILVER)....It is NOT magnetic, and an ice cube melts quickly when it's placed on the pitcher.....I have searched for hours in an attempt to locate the image of the mark on the bottom (photo #2) but I cannot locate it.....I would like to know if this is 1) real silver and 2) the id of the mark.....Thank you very much !!!

gmcelroy

Re: Antique Pitcher - Simply states SILVER - Mark ??

Post by gmcelroy »

My apologies, I made an error in the first post and the photos did not appear.
Here are the photos.............

gmcelroy

Post by gmcelroy »

The marks appear to be "LL / NY"
silvermakersmarks
co-admin

Post by silvermakersmarks »

Hi and welcome to the forum.

This is an electroplate mark of Lehman Brothers Silverware Corporation of New York. The full mark shows a lion and unicorn supporting a shield with the letters E P / N S on it. See https://www.925-1000.com/silverplate_L.html.

Some Lehman marks have "Silver on Copper" in an arc over the shield but as this is EPNS it must have said something else originally, possibly "Silver Plated".

Phil
gmcelroy

Post by gmcelroy »

silvermakersmarks wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 2:03 am Hi and welcome to the forum.

This is an electroplate mark of Lehman Brothers Silverware Corporation of New York. The full mark shows a lion and unicorn supporting a shield with the letters E P / N S on it. See https://www.925-1000.com/silverplate_L.html.

Some Lehman marks have "Silver on Copper" in an arc over the shield but as this is EPNS it must have said something else originally, possibly "Silver Plated".

Phil
Hello Phil….thank you for this information… [removed by moderator - see Posting Requirements] Thanks again !!

Return to “Silverplate Trademarks - Worldwide”