Russian Hallmarks on 583 Rose Gold Agate Ring

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Caliwa

Russian Hallmarks on 583 Rose Gold Agate Ring

Post by Caliwa »

I am so pleased to land on this forum and perhaps someone can help me. I have a antique ring that is marked 583 but the rest of the hallmarks are faded and hard to make out. It may be one of the sideways heads with a number or letter above, is this consider left or right facing? The other mark is very hard to make out. It looks like an Hexagon shape or round shape but the center is worn so I can't make out the symbol, it almost looks like an owl. I am hoping there is someone that can easily tell me more information as I have spent hours already looking and reading the forum without luck. Thank you in advance for any information you have.
ImageImage
dognose
Site Admin

Re: Russian Hallmarks on 583 Rose Gold Agate Ring

Post by dognose »

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum.

Your question cannot be answered without the required images.

https://postimages.org (choose 'Share', then copy the 'Hotlink for forums' code) is recommended. Do not use Photobucket or Dropbox.

Ensure your images are embedded. Do not post links. Remember to use the 'Preview' button before submitting your post.

For more information see:

http://www.925-1000.com/forum/viewtopic ... 82#p103282

Give some time to creating your posts and we'll give some time to researching and answering them.

Trev.
Caliwa

Post by Caliwa »

Thank you for help and link to postimages.org. Here are the photos
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

Hi,

The marks appear to indicate that the ring is Polish and fairly modern. They come from a sequence used 1986-1996.

Trev.
Caliwa

Post by Caliwa »

Wow, I was going down the wrong rabbit hole on this. It is so nice to have a place with knowledgeable people that can identify these European Marks. Thank you so much!

Return to “Gold Marks - Worldwide”