Bonzo "cartoon" dog silver dashboard badge

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
saintchristophe

Bonzo "cartoon" dog silver dashboard badge

Post by saintchristophe »

Hello. I am a Saint Christopher's dashboard badge collector. I have recently acquire a dashboard badge but not of Saint Christopher, but of the cartoon character Bonzo, the dog. It is marked 935 and with the initials LW. I also have a couple of Saint Christopher badges with this initials (I include a photo of one of them photographed in a book I published about these items). Can anyone help me identify the manufacturer?
Thank you,

Max

dognose
Site Admin

Re: Bonzo "cartoon" dog silver dashboard badge

Post by dognose »

Hi Max,

Welcome to the Forum.

I cannot help with your question, but I thought you may be interested in this small report I came across this morning:

Paris Jewelry Fashion Notes

With the automobile season, St. Christophers are coming in again, in all their force. It is somewhat amusing to notice that especial provision is made for attaching them, it being considered very unlucky to lose a mascot as it is a harbinger of accident. A very useful and noticeable St. Christopher is an oblong mascot, the ends carefully rounded off, made in royal blue enamel, ribbed, with a Saint Christopher in the center, in old silver, in high relief. Two holes are punched in the mascot, to enable the owner to attach it to the car firmly. This model is also seen in pale pink and mauve enamel. Small medallions, with the silver Saint in the center, are seen in deep crimson, or in royal blue, pale mauve, grey, pale blue and pink enamel. There is a silver rim, to match the central medallion, and a silver link is used for fastening the mascot to the car or for hanging it round the wearer’s neck on a ribbon.

Source: The Jewelers' Circular - 19th May 1926

Hopefully another member can help with your query.

Trev.

Return to “German Silver”