18th silver bag bracket, Belgium?

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Vantlicht

18th silver bag bracket, Belgium?

Post by Vantlicht »

I have this nice piece in my collection and it is obvious marked, but I cannot find the silversmith. It looks like this one is from belgium of another country. Is there somebody familiar with these marks. The baghook has other marks than the bracket.

Who can help me out?

oel
co-admin

Re: 18th silver bag bracket, Belgium?

Post by oel »

The crowned E(Étranger=foreign), the import and duty mark of the French Empire, used 1809-1819, used in the present Belgium, the Netherlands and in other French-occupied areas. Crowned O, Dutch taxfree mark of 1807.
What are the marks on the belt hook, ADS ?
Peter.
Vantlicht

Post by Vantlicht »

oel wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:39 am The crowned E(Étranger=foreign), the import and duty mark of the French Empire, used 1809-1819, used in the present Belgium, the Netherlands and in other French-occupied areas. Crowned O, Dutch taxfree mark of 1807.
What are the marks on the belt hook, ADS ?
Peter.
Indeed. ADS on the hook and GS or CS on the bag.
oel
co-admin

Post by oel »

First the belt hook, maker's mark AVDS in monogram, first three letters together, in a rounded rectangle for Hayo van der Schoor, registered in Windschoten, province of Groningen, during 1807-1811.

The maker's mark on the purse bracket GS, perhaps for Gerardus Lucas Schuiten, registered in the city of Groningen, during 1798-1811.

Peter.

Source; Groninger keur, zilver uit de Stad en Ommelanden Jean Pierre van Rijen
Vantlicht

Post by Vantlicht »

oel wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:48 pm Image

First the belt hook, maker's mark AVDS in monogram, first three letters together, in a rounded rectangle for Hayo van der Schoor, registered in Windschoten, province of Groningen, during 1807-1811.

The maker's mark on the purse bracket GS, perhaps for Gerardus Lucas Schuiten, registered in the city of Groningen, during 1798-1811.

Peter.

Source; Groninger keur, zilver uit de Stad en Ommelanden Jean Pierre van Rijen
Thanks for the determination!

Return to “Dutch Silver”