Hellp with silver brooch hallmark!

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Montiel20

Hellp with silver brooch hallmark!

Post by Montiel20 »

Hello! I am new to the forum. I wanted to ask you about a hallmark that I am not able to recognize. It belongs to a brooch that has several marks that place it at the end of the 19th century, early 20th century, in Vienna. But I have not been able to confirm one of the brands. It's really small. It looks like an ant (could be a spider or a beetle). I attach my own drawing, although I can't see the area on the left well.
If anyone knows what this brand is, please tell me. Thank you!

dognose
Site Admin

Re: Hellp with silver brooch hallmark!

Post by dognose »

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum.

https://postimages.org (choose 'Share', then copy the 'Hotlink for forums' code) is recommended. Do not use Photobucket or Dropbox.

Ensure your images are embedded. Do not post links. Remember to use the 'Preview' button before submitting your post.

For more information see:

http://www.925-1000.com/forum/viewtopic ... 82#p103282

Give some time to creating your posts and we'll give some time to researching and answering them.

Trev.
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

Looks like French charançon import mark.
bijoux.expert
contributor

Post by bijoux.expert »

The weevil (charançon) hallmark was introduced January 13, 1864 for the marking of gold and silver items imported from countries with which France had signed reciprocal customs treaties. After June 28, 1893, and the creation of the weevil hallmark in an oval frame, it was used only for the marking of gold items until its withdrawal on February 28, 1990. The X indicates the position of the assay office mark, which can help identify in which town the object was hallmarked.
I've included a clearer photo for reference.
bijoux.expert
contributor

Post by bijoux.expert »

Correction. Read creation in 1893 of the weevil hallmark in a RECTANGULAR frame, not oval

Return to “European Jewelry”