A russian tray

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Juliopm

A russian tray

Post by Juliopm »

Good evening,
I've this russian tray with, under it, a double interlaced P and, in a corner above, I think an M and W. I suppose it was made in Moscow in 1795. The assayer is Andrei Titov (AT) but i can't identify the other marks. Can anybody help me? Thank you!

Best regards,
Julio

Mart
contributor

Re: A russian tray

Post by Mart »

Hello!
You wrote it right. There are two more brands "MЦС" and "EД". Silversmith "ЕД"- Egor Danilov (Егор Данилов).
Juliopm

Post by Juliopm »

Thank you so much! I cannot find in the web informations on this silversmith Egor Danilov. Do exist some book where I can find something on him?
Best regards,
Julio
Mart
contributor

Post by Mart »

You can find information about Danilov in the archives of the 18th century churches or in my own archives)))
In such cases, it is always interesting - what exactly does a person want to know? You will spend a lot of time to find out when the silversmith was born, when he died, what was the name of his wife and children.... And what will it give you?))) I can show you a document from 1795, if it is somehow useful to you. All the best!
Juliopm

Post by Juliopm »

Thank you so much for the information! Of course it could be interesting to know when he was born and when he died in order to know the period of his activity and, consequentially, the different styles he could have used. I could not find in the web other silver itemes of him in order to made a comparison among them. Probably he was a minor silversmith...

Thank for sharing the document but I don't speak russian!
Mart
contributor

Post by Mart »

Danilov made various items: tableware, silver icon frames, spoons, etc.
Juliopm

Post by Juliopm »

Thank you so much for sharing this items!

Return to “Russian Silver”