Sterling Pitcher with sparse mark

Item must be marked "Sterling" or "925"
PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
BClark925

Sterling Pitcher with sparse mark

Post by BClark925 »

We've been trying to ID this pitcher. The only mark is Sterling 1975 . Searching for that has only got me a lot of unhelpful results.
Would anyone know who the maker would be?
Thanks
BC
AG2012
contributor

Re: Sterling Pitcher with sparse mark

Post by AG2012 »

Stop searching for the maker. Sterling indicates fineness and the number is internal manufacturer`s pattern number.
Those things are impossible to identify unless there is exactly the same pitcher with the same pattern number and an aditional mark of the maker, which is practically hopeless mission.
Regards
BClark925

Post by BClark925 »

Yes, I knew what Sterling referred to but was hoping for more on the maker.
'preciate the info.
silverly

Post by silverly »

An image of the details associated with the spout might be useful but of course no guarantee.
BClark925

Post by BClark925 »

Something like this?

Aguest
contributor

Post by Aguest »

::::: The spout and handle design are what I was thinking about, and although I have not seen this spout design before, the handle does remind me of some pitchers I've seen that are actually from Japan, some marked "950 STERLING" and some only marked "950" as Japan began to dramatically increase its production of sterling silver for export to other countries, and although its possible to find some pieces with a Japanese makers mark (such as K. UYEDA and MIYATA) many of these pieces were just hallmarked "950 STERLING" or "STERLING" as they were exported all over the world ::::::

::::: I agree that unless we can match the entire piece, we can't really say with certainty where the pitcher is from. :::::

::::::::::::: The spout has a really interesting design, thanks for the pics of the spout. ::::::::::::::::::
BClark925

Post by BClark925 »

Good stuff.
Thanks

Return to “Sterling Manufacturers ~ American after-1860”