French Export Marks?

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
AGHEAD
contributor

French Export Marks?

Post by AGHEAD »

I'm not familiar with these marks, I see a rooster, maybe the number 3, then in the other marks two fleur de lis marks, there are two separate markings one on the bottom and one on the edge. I see there are British import marks in the last image, that appear to be for London 1891, by the importer S.H. I was thinking these might be French. Or maybe Hanau psuedo marks? Any thoughts on this.

JayT
contributor

Re: French Export Marks?

Post by JayT »

Hello
Not French in either style or marks.
Will defer to Hanau experts to determine maker.
Regards
Aguest
contributor

Re: French Export Marks?

Post by Aguest »

:::: Based on the importer (Solomon Herz & Company) sponsoring pieces by Storck & Sinsheimer of Hanau and looking at pieces in a very similar style and very similar quality you would have to look at Storck & Sinsheimer first :::: I noticed a Storck & Sinsheimer hallmark that was stylistically similar to an Austrian import hallmark, so maybe in this case they just decided to imitate a French rooster hallmark? :::

:::: This is indirect evidence since I haven't found direct evidence that links a chicken3 with fleur-de-lis hallmarks to a specific Hanau silver company ::::
:::: Hopefully someone has seen these hallmarks before and can either rule in favor of Storck & Sinsheimer or rule them out. :::::::

Return to “French Silver”