ID Bracelet Marked "Sterling Tiffany & CO"

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Penguin

ID Bracelet Marked "Sterling Tiffany & CO"

Post by Penguin »

Hello,

I was hoping someone could lend me their thoughts on this bracelet. It tests for silver both chain and plaque and seems like solid construction.

Are there aspects of this bracelet that would make you question its authenticity? I was curious if the "sterling" stamp being more prominent than the "Tiffany" stamp was cause for concern.

Both the rings mounted at either end of the bracelet are soldered on to the chain link itself.

It weighs 41 grams.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

chloe1969

Re: ID Bracelet Marked "Sterling Tiffany & CO"

Post by chloe1969 »

Have to admit, this looks more like the ID bracelet I gave my boyfriend in 1970 (and his definitely was not Tiffany)

Tiffany is noted for its pieces being executed immaculately, so the first thing that jumps out at me, is the fact that "sterling" stamp is not straight.

I haven't encountered Tiffany even using the word "sterling " (as opposed to being marked 925) on their jewellery. But I could be mistaken on that,

The closure looks very precarious. Again like my boyfriend's in 1970.

Are the links soldered or pinched . Tiffany's will be soldered but look as if each is one continuous look.

The Monogramming looks shallow, which is odd.

A bunch of question marks, suggest it's likely not Tiffany.

Penguin wrote:Hello,

I was hoping someone could lend me their thoughts on this bracelet. It tests for silver both chain and plaque and seems like solid construction.

Are there aspects of this bracelet that would make you question its authenticity? I was curious if the "sterling" stamp being more prominent than the "Tiffany" stamp was cause for concern.

Both the rings mounted at either end of the bracelet are soldered on to the chain link itself.

It weighs 41 grams.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

JLDoggett
co-admin

Post by JLDoggett »

Is a quandary. The lightweight sister hook is something I have never seen on Tiffany. The chain is definitely not the right quality, though the Tiffany stamp looks right... the sterling stamp is so wrong. Maybe the machine engraved panel could be original with a cheaper chain added. I suspect there is a bracelet with a real Tiffany stamp on the clasp. 2 "Tiffany" ID bracelets for the price of one.
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

Thank you both so much for taking the time to answer!

The links are soldered but they are definitely far from perfect joints.

Looks like "Unlikely to no" is my answer.

Thanks again!

Return to “American Jewelry”