Ssharktu17

Re: hallmark ID anyone recognize it?

Post by Ssharktu17 »

The monogram got my attention pretty neat. Image
Essexboy Fisher
contributor

Post by Essexboy Fisher »

Hello, the dreaded gothic lettering again. Do we have S&N? Do you think it would be possible to clean that next pictorial mark up a bit and re-photograph? It looks like a crescent moon with that children's "old man in the moon" face on. A crescent moon is a trade mark with some known associations, "Spencer's" of Sheffield being one of them.

Fishless
Ssharktu17

Post by Ssharktu17 »

Essexboy Fisher wrote:Hello, the dreaded gothic lettering again. Do we have S&N? Do you think it would be possible to clean that next pictorial mark up a bit and re-photograph? It looks like a crescent moon with that children's "old man in the moon" face on. A crescent moon is a trade mark with some known associations, "Spencer's" of Sheffield being one of them.

Fishless
What is the S&N? I am trying to get a closer picture but think my camera isn't up to the task. Do you happen to have a reference to this moon hallmark or Spencers? I cant find anything because the crescent moon is such a common hallmark.
Essexboy Fisher
contributor

Post by Essexboy Fisher »

Hello, I am looking at the marks on the rear of the items finial. It is easier to see if you turn your image to the side to the right. There is the gothic style letter "S", then the gothic style "&" and then the gothic "N". You would expect this to be the initials of the company that made your item. Your image is pretty good already, better than some we see, but I think a bit more cleaning of the actual marks with a tooth brush and washing up liquid might make the "moon" mark clearer. Then another photo could possibly tell us more.

Fishless

Return to “Silver Plate Trademarks - Single Image”