Silver Pipe Tools

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Jackjumpedup

Silver Pipe Tools

Post by Jackjumpedup »

I first mistook this for British but as it does not have a town mark my money is on American although the "D" looks like a Netherlands date mark. I did searh American, Dutch & German makers but have not found this exact combination of marks. Any help is greatly appreciated and thanks again to 925-1000.com for making this forum possible. ~ Jack
<BR>

georgiansilver
contributor

Post by georgiansilver »

You appear to have taken a photo of the back of the spoon.... there also appears to be a further mark on the back of the reamer in the second pic.... so could you please let us know what the other mark is. Thanks and best wishes, Mike.
Jackjumpedup

Post by Jackjumpedup »

Actually it's the same marks on all 3 pieces
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

There is a series of FOUR marks on the pick. We need to see those.
Jackjumpedup

Post by Jackjumpedup »

Your right. I didn't have a good picture of the marks on the other pieces but I took a loop to them and sure enough one has the anchor for Birmingham. Also the 3rd initial that I mistook as an R is actually a B. I did find a maker from Birmingham that used the initals JMB, His name was J. Millard Banks. I think that is the maker but the date mark for the year that Banks was registered is 1902 and the date mark on the piece looks like 1850. So I'm still not 100% sure. I'll try to get better pics of the other marks and post them if I can. Thanks for your advice. ~ Jack
georgiansilver
contributor

Post by georgiansilver »

Not possible for it to be 1850 (wrong mark anyway) because no Victorias head present.. defo 20th century but the date letter is a strange one to me. Best wishes, Mike.
Granmaa
co-admin

Post by Granmaa »

Looks like 1895, Birmingham.

Miles

Return to “London Hallmarks”