tea pot 1821 James Henry Daniel london

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
gardoni

tea pot 1821 James Henry Daniel london

Post by gardoni »

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

Hi I'm always my self, beacuse we are so kind with me I want use your availability and experience
what do you think about this tea pot? is it good for you? is it silver?the handle and the cap are with several punches( head of elisabeth and lion) but the tea pot seem of 1821 made by James Henry Daniel.
Granmaa
co-admin

Post by Granmaa »

It is silver, and the design is very peculiar to the period when it was marked (1820s-30s).
The head is not that of Queen Elizabeth, but rather King George III; I'm sure neither monarch would be flattered by the mistake!

Miles
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

Hi Sebastiano,

Agree, the maker's mark is for James Henry Daniel (Grimwade 982), but it looks like it is overstriking another.

Regards Trev.
gardoni

Post by gardoni »

thank you so much for the answer, you are very kind
regards Sebastiano
P.S i do not speek english very well so i wrong. i wanted to say that the handle and the cap (shape of fruit) have a not equal mark compared to tea pot. handle and cap have a head of elisabeth and lion and the markermarks Edward, John & William Barnard.
salmoned
contributor

Post by salmoned »

Apparently Gardoni is asking if this item is safe to use, in view of the repairs having been made to it. I would presume the repairs, since new marks were applied, would have been such as to allow continued safe use of the item. Just my opinion, of course.
Granmaa
co-admin

Post by Granmaa »

I can't view the final picture, but if the mark is that of the Barnards, then the handle and finial have been replaced later, following damage no doubt.
The head is most likely Queen Victoria's.

Miles
byron mac donald

Post by byron mac donald »

Hi Sebastiano-

I would be willing to bet your English is better than most of everyone else heres Italian. You have some very interesting and fun pieces, thank you for sharing them.

Best Wishes-

Byron

Return to “London Hallmarks”