Please help to identify the manufacturer and years of work?

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Nata37

Please help to identify the manufacturer and years of work?

Post by Nata37 »

Hi, please help to identify the manufacturer and years of work?

Image Image Image
Aguest
contributor

Re: Please help to identify the manufacturer and years of work?

Post by Aguest »

:::::: Are there other hallmarks along the edge of the top of the box where the lid snaps shut? :::: I just wanted to make sure there are no additional hallmarks because sometimes they hide on that part where the lid snaps shut onto that recessed rim part. :::::

::::; 14-1/2 is an old silver standard "14-1/2 Loth" which works out to 90.2% solid silver (so basically this is 900 silver standard). :::::

::::: Without a makers mark all I can do is guess Switzerland, this might be an example of Swiss silver. :::::
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

This is modified coat of arms of Neuchâtel. The same mark is depicted in Rosenberg (page attached).
Mid 19th century. That`s all I can tell.
Regards

Nata37

Post by Nata37 »

Aguest wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 1:00 am :::::: Are there other hallmarks along the edge of the top of the box where the lid snaps shut? :::: I just wanted to make sure there are no additional hallmarks because sometimes they hide on that part where the lid snaps shut onto that recessed rim part. :::::

::::; 14-1/2 is an old silver standard "14-1/2 Loth" which works out to 90.2% solid silver (so basically this is 900 silver standard). :::::

::::: Without a makers mark all I can do is guess Switzerland, this might be an example of Swiss silver. :::::
Thank you for your help!
Nata37

Post by Nata37 »

AG2012 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 5:53 am This is modified coat of arms of Neuchâtel. The same mark is depicted in Rosenberg (page attached).
Mid 19th century. That`s all I can tell.
Regards

Many thanks for your help!

Return to “Other Countries”