13 Loth German fork with 5 marks

Denmark, Norway, Sweden, and Finland
PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
JanGroen
contributor

13 Loth German fork with 5 marks

Post by JanGroen »

Good afternoon
On today's market I found what appears to be a 13 Loth German silver fork. It bares 4 other marks other than the 13 Loth. The last maar says SES, not sure what the others could be. One must be an essay mark and another maybe a town mark. Any help is appreciated
Groete
Jannie

JanGroen
contributor

Re: 13 Loth German fork with 5 marks

Post by JanGroen »

Good morning
So I did some research and now think this my be from Sweden or Finland. But still not sure.

Jannie
Sasropakis
contributor

Post by Sasropakis »

Could be SFS for Sven Ferdinand Sundholm (1871-1918), Vaasa (Nikolainkaupunki), Finland. The first mark is date and could be O4=1895, the second one resembles the town mark / coat of arms of Vaasa ( a sheaf), then 18L, and if the fourth mark is a single crown it's Finland and the last mark looks like SFS to me.
JanGroen
contributor

Post by JanGroen »

Sasropakis wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:59 am Could be SFS for Sven Ferdinand Sundholm (1871-1918), Vaasa (Nikolainkaupunki), Finland. The first mark is date and could be O4=1895, the second one resembles the town mark / coat of arms of Vaasa ( a sheaf), then 18L, and if the fourth mark is a single crown it's Finland and the last mark looks like SFS to me.
Thank you for all the help. The marks was bit scratched but I think it is SFS.
Groete
Jannie

Return to “Scandinavian Silver”