ussr gold

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
silverstar777

ussr gold

Post by silverstar777 »

hello can anyone tell me please what is the (master) factory hallmark? i know that its baku city azerbaijan but other hallmark is : 0 and some lotus flower or russian Ш or some kind of lotus flower.

Qrt.S
contributor

Re: ussr gold

Post by Qrt.S »

The Russian letter Б indicates Baku but the fineness is odd 585 (???) for the period 1959-64. It should be 583, but ?? (the tools are not either "compact", the sledge hammer lies clearly on the sickle. It is the first star.).

Let's wait if somebody comes with an explanation, I'm puzzled ??? The maker's mark is also "strange". The : (colon) in front was used 1990- 1999. The maker's mark is out of focus. Please show a sharper and bigger picture of it only.
Anyway, I'm a bit suspicious and as well puzzled as mentioned, but....???
silverstar777

Post by silverstar777 »

its 1990 after 1 year ussr falls so i was heard thet in 1990 583 hallmark was replaced by 585 last year of ussr i was told so.
Qrt.S
contributor

Post by Qrt.S »

Yes there is a new Russian fineness of 585, but not with the star but with the new kokoshnik as from 1994. Moreover, no changes happened in 1990 other that the colon in the punch superseded the dot indicating the year.
In addition, actually the hammer's shaft should be under the sickle's blade in this older star. Take a look with a magnifier on your mark. What do you see?

Please, show a bigger and sharper picture of the maker's mark. I'm still unable to "place " it. Thank you in advance.

A seller can tell you whatever he likes all in order to get a good bargain. Never believe in a seller's stories! If you don't know what it is, just leave it!

I'm still puzzled. Sorry!
silverstar777

Post by silverstar777 »

sorry but i cant take better its dark but hammer and sickle can be seen also it was checked by Precious metals expert with some reactives and its actually 583/585 as he said. the expert is in different city. also i know many about soviet hallmarks im not expert but i had many items also i know which item to buy. thus item is my friends so i had like this hallmark too but all of it was relative of their hallmarks.

Return to “Gold Marks - Worldwide”