Native American jewelry (wild guess)

Navajo, Zuni & Hopi
PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Dellopogi

Native American jewelry (wild guess)

Post by Dellopogi »

Hi everyone, thanks again for helping me identify my jewelry last time.
I'm here again to ask for your help, I got this jewelry in a garage sales and after looking in the internet, theres a little possibility this jewelry is a old native American. But I'm not really really sure, I don't even know why I'm saying this things I learned.😅
Anyway can you please give your insight again about this jewelry, and share it with me so I can learn real facts and importation.😊 Thanks a lot and enjoy your weekend.

AG2012
contributor

Re: Native American jewelry (wild guess)

Post by AG2012 »

Navajo woman weaving a traditional blanket or rug on an authentic native american loom.
Navajo Pictograph Bracelet
Artist Jacob Kahe
Google with his name to find simmilar sterling silver bracelets.

Regards
Dellopogi

Post by Dellopogi »

Thanks a lot again,😊 I already found same as this bracelet. This forum is far from other pages, you really guys helping me a lot. And I really appreciate it.💖💖
Last question, why is the color of my bracelet is different that the one that I saw it the internet.? Is this a fake silver? If not do you think the best way is to clean it or not?
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

Hi,

Please ensure your images stay in place.

Trev.
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

Color depends on photographic conditions (light temperature in Kelvin). Your bracelet is clearly marked ``sterling`` and there is no doubt about it being solid silver .925.
It is tarnished with patina in depressions, so be careful when cleaning it; there are cleaning solutions to immerse the whole bracelet, if not possible, soak with cotton swab, just do not use any abrasive.
Regards
arthur96

Post by arthur96 »

If it's a real Amerindian bracelet, you've got a real treasure here! However, I find it curious that such an ancient piece of jewelry should be stamped 925. Did this mark already exist at the time?
Aguest
contributor

Post by Aguest »

:::: This is a relatively modern piece, late 20th century, circa 1980s ::::: A nice find for sure ::::::

Return to “Native American Silver”