Vasily Surotsov assayer?

MARK IMAGE REQUIRED
GiulyF

Vasily Surotsov assayer?

Post by GiulyF »

Hy, anyone can identify the silversmith?

All the marks together leave me perplexed, the hallmark of the city is for Moscow, the assayer could be Vasily Surotsov but viewed in Kazan not Moscow, while for the silversmith for these years I can't find anything, the only one that corresponds is Grigory Philippovich but he has operated almost a century earlier...anyone can help me?

thank you super team!
GiulyF

Re: Vasily Surotsov assayer?

Post by GiulyF »

I was wrong, the town mark is for Kazan and not Moscow! so the assayer could be correct, but who is the silversmith?
Mart
contributor

Post by Mart »

Hello!
It is better to show the product in full.
Moscow. The silversmith is Gerasim Fedorov, Герасим Федоров, "ГФ".
GiulyF

Post by GiulyF »

Mart wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:35 pm Hello!
It is better to show the product in full.
Moscow. The silversmith is Gerasim Fedorov, Герасим Федоров, "ГФ".
Dear Mart thank you very much for the help, here the images for the kovsh, are you sure that the twon mark is for Moscow and not Kazan? It seems to be the zilant inside the cartouche....
Maybe you can translate for me the russian inscription engraved along the edge?

Mart
contributor

Post by Mart »

Thanks! Moscow.
This is a Russian proverb. "Do not drink at the post, but drink at the table." ...approximately: it is better to drink at home with your friends or family than alone or with someone on the street.
"Не пей за столбом, а пей за столом".
GiulyF

Post by GiulyF »

Mart wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:11 am Thanks! Moscow.
This is a Russian proverb. "Do not drink at the post, but drink at the table." ...approximately: it is better to drink at home with your friends or family than alone or with someone on the street.
Thank you so much!!!
GiulyF

Post by GiulyF »

GiulyF wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:03 am
Mart wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:11 am Thanks! Moscow.
Thank you so much!!!
Dear Mart I'm sorry but if the silversmith is Gerasim Fedorov, Герасим Федоров, "ГФ".from MOscow who is the assayer? I can't find any correspondence for BS in Moscow.....
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

GiulyF

Post by GiulyF »

dognose wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:19 am See: https://www.925-1000.com/Frussia_assay_01.html

Trev.
Dear Trev many thanks, I thinks is Viktor Savinkov, although his work goes from 1859 and my mark is for 1858.....

Mart
contributor

Post by Mart »

There is a lot of confusion here. Maybe you should not determine in which years Benjamin worked, in which Victor? I suggest making it easier.
The stamp of the probirer V.Savinsky "ВС" in Moscow 1853-1888.
There was also a third brother Vsevolod)))))
Dad
contributor

Post by Dad »

Mart wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:22 am There is a lot of confusion here. Maybe you should not determine in which years Benjamin worked, in which Victor? I suggest making it easier.
As long as someone is interested in the attribution of the product, I think have a reason to identify them (the Savinsky brothers). Identified as Veniamin or Victor Savinsky (And sometimes add Vladimir Smirnov))
But, they didn't always work together. Is not it?

See examples: BC/1853 - Veniamin Savinsky (100%). BC/1858 - Viktor Savinsky (100%). Because in those years they were separated from each other.

Vsevolod Savinsky? I had never know of a such assayer. Was he?

To maintain professional tonus, I can offer to determine the assayer of the Moscow office AС/1853. little exercise. Who was it?

Mart
contributor

Post by Mart »

I said that there was a third brother, Vsevolod Savinsky, but I did not say that he was an assayer))).
I know who "AC 1853" is, but I think it will be difficult for foreigners to recognize him. Maybe it's only possible to guess.
GiulyF

Post by GiulyF »

Dad wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:37 pm
Mart wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:22 am There is a lot of confusion here. Maybe you should not determine in which years Benjamin worked, in which Victor? I suggest making it easier.
As long as someone is interested in the attribution of the product, I think have a reason to identify them (the Savinsky brothers). Identified as Veniamin or Victor Savinsky (And sometimes add Vladimir Smirnov))
But, they didn't always work together. Is not it?

See examples: BC/1853 - Veniamin Savinsky (100%). BC/1858 - Viktor Savinsky (100%). Because in those years they were separated from each other.

Vsevolod Savinsky? I had never know of a such assayer. Was he?

To maintain professional tonus, I can offer to determine the assayer of the Moscow office AС/1853. little exercise. Who was it?

Nope, I don't konw who is he...
GiulyF

Post by GiulyF »

Mart wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:31 pm aybe it's only possible to guess.
Mart wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:31 pm I said that there was a third brother, Vsevolod Savinsky, but I did not say that he was an assayer))).
I know who "AC 1853" is, but I think it will be difficult for foreigners to recognize him. Maybe it's only possible to guess.
Ehy Mart, what is this? an extract from a city census or birth certificate?
Mart
contributor

Post by Mart »

Good evening!
This is a mark that the Savinsky family was at confession.
Mom, three sons: Veniamin, Vsevolod, Viktor... and their age.
Dad
contributor

Post by Dad »

Mart wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:31 pm I said that there was a third brother, Vsevolod Savinsky, but I did not say that he was an assayer))).
From your message, one could draw the wrong conclusion that there was another assayer Savinsky, besides Veniamin and Viktor. Therefore, I clarified.
Vsevolod was a member of the Savinsky family, only. Their brother. Vsevolod has never been an assayer. As, in other matters, and their sister. ))

Return to “German, French, Dutch, Russian, Scandinavian or Other - Single Image”