Ruckert kovsh

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
GiulyF

Ruckert kovsh

Post by GiulyF »

Hy all,
Could you let me know yours on this mark of Ruckert? It's about a kovsh decorated in cloisonné enamels, the kokoschnik mark it's pretty abraded...the provenance is not doubtful, indeed, for a high profile..I am referring to the whole of the artefact, glaze color, workmanship, precision of the mark, I realize in any case that express yourself on the basis of two photos is not easy at all.

thank you in advance...
Silverstone
contributor

Re: Ruckert kovsh

Post by Silverstone »

Hi GiulyF,

in the book "Fedor Rückert & Carl Fabergé" published by Maxim Revyakin, Moskov 2016, you can find many silver-objects with chicken-shapes or chicken-ornaments, f.ex. kovshi and a tiny tray.

Please compare this kovh with yours!
Regards
Silverstone
GiulyF

Post by GiulyF »

Silverstone wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:28 am Hi GiulyF,

in the book "Fedor Rückert & Carl Fabergé" published by Maxim Revyakin, Moskov 2016, you can find many silver-objects with chicken-shapes or chicken-ornaments, f.ex. kovshi and a tiny tray.

Please compare this kovh with yours!
Regards
Silverstone
Dear Silverstone thank you for the info but unfortunately I don't have that catalogue to use for the comparison, what do you think bout the silvermark? COuld be genuine?

(admin edit - only one item per topic - see Posting Requirements )

Many thank
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

Fake !
GiulyF

Post by GiulyF »

AG2012 wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:02 amFake !
Thank you AG2012, but could you be so kind to give me some specific information on why you think it's fake? provenance from a good auction house is certain...
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

There is a definition of Kitsch; poor quality, poor design.
If you are familiar with cloisonne (twisted wire cells filled with vitreous enamel powdered glass and fired) you will see too many flaws of poor craftsmanship; interrupted wires, uneven enamel color).
Whenever you inspect (rare opportunities,though) of Faberge subcontractors, have in mind what they made was perfect. An item like this could have never, ever left their workshop with so many flaws and so poorly crafted; more likely made in India or China the day before yesterday and marked with faked marks.
My benevolent advice; do not trust reputable experts, antique dealers and online auctions.
Reminds me of Andy Capp cartoon.
Flo: ``where did we spend the holidays ?``
`` At your mother`s ``
``Where did your bookmaker spend his holidays ?``
`` Bermuda !``
``Judge for yourself``

Speaks volumes.

Regards
Last edited by oel on Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed insulting text
Qrt.S
contributor

Post by Qrt.S »

AG2012 is right, not F. Rückert, but possibly Friedrich Rütsch in St. Petersburg 1888-1908 or a fake.
GiulyF

Post by GiulyF »

Qrt.S wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:09 am AG2012 is right, not F. Rückert, but possibly Friedrich Rütsch in St. Petersburg 1888-1908 or a fake.
Dear Qrt.S thank you but in the kokoschnik mark ther's a delta letter for Moscow and not an alfa for S.Petersburg....
Qrt.S
contributor

Post by Qrt.S »

#GlulyF
OK got it sorry, but the kokshnik mark is a smudge (could be anything on the photo). A lousy punch is always a red flag. Anyway, I share AG2012's opinion.

Return to “Russian Silver”