Unknown Gold Mark on Medal

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
bocklin

Unknown Gold Mark on Medal

Post by bocklin »

Hello! New to the forum. Can anybody please help me identify this medal and the hallmarks on it? At the very bottom is refers to Genesis 6:12. It weighs about 4 grams. The seller says it is .900 gold purity, but not sure if a hallmark on it confirms this. Thanks in advance.

AG2012
contributor

Re: Unknown Gold Mark on Medal

Post by AG2012 »

The hexagon is maker` mark (assay office letter code and maker` registered number).
The oval mark is guarantee for gold; under higher magnification (e.g. 10X) you should clearly see the fineness (900 followed by a letter and number). For example 900 V2 in an oval (fineness and authorized laboratory).
If you cannot read the number, better forget buying it.
Regards
bocklin

Re: Unknown Gold Mark on Medal

Post by bocklin »

AG2012 wrote:The hexagon is maker` mark (assay office letter code and maker` registered number).
The oval mark is guarantee for gold; under higher magnification (e.g. 10X) you should clearly see the fineness (900 followed by a letter and number). For example 900 V2 in an oval (fineness and authorized laboratory).
If you cannot read the number, better forget buying it.
Regards
Thanks for this valuable info! I used a 10x loupe and could not read the fineness. And these pictures were taken with a Nikon DSLR camera, hence high resolution photos. And in neither of these methods am I able to distinguish the fineness. Hence, I believe I will take your advice and not buy it since it may be a red flag regarding authenticity. Cheers.

Return to “Gold Marks - Worldwide”