G. L & Co. S - George Loveridge Pewter Tea Set

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
KMidgette

G. L & Co. S - George Loveridge Pewter Tea Set

Post by KMidgette »

Trev, Thanks so much for offering to identify my pewter mark. All the research I have done on my makers mark leads back to G. Loveridge & Co. yet I can't seem to find my pewter tea set. I would love to know more about the history. In my research, I have run across the G. L & Co. (with the "o" raised and a dash below), but never with the S. appended, and the "L" in my mark as the flat bottom right, rather than a raised lower right corner, nor applied to pewter pieces. Of course being pewter, there are no Assay office marks, but rather there is a stamp of a woman in dress and hat, and the words "My Lady" with "English Pewter" below. Thank you in advance for any history you might be able to offer on this mark. Keith

KMidgette

Re: G. L & Co. S - George Loveridge Pewter Tea Set

Post by KMidgette »

Perhaps this makers mark is George Lee & co Sheffield, rather than G. Loveridge? In my continuing search, I have uncovered some "My Lady" pewter hammered napkin rings that are attributed to George Lee & co Sheffield.
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

Hi Keith,

Indeed, the trade mark and name 'My Lady' were owned by George Lee & Co. of Sheffield.

The mark was used from 1929 until the mid 1960's.

Trev.
KMidgette

Post by KMidgette »

Thank you so much for the confirmation Trev!

Return to “Silverplate Trademarks - Worldwide”