925 Ring Possibly French Ste cross A

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
LucyADe

925 Ring Possibly French Ste cross A

Post by LucyADe »

Hi,
I'm new to this so I hope I'm doing this correct. I have a ring with a mark that is driving me bonkers. It has Ste (which I believe makes it French as Ste is short for Saint), there is what appears to be a cross with dots followed be an A. On the other side of the inner band is RJ8. Any help would be seriously appreciated. Thank you
AG2012
contributor

Re: 925 Ring Possibly French Ste cross A

Post by AG2012 »

Hi,
Not French, not British either.
Ste could stand for sterling fineness (925), maker`s initials RJ.
That's all I can tell. Unless the same mark emerges on silver positively identified, I doubt the mystery can be solved.
Regards
LucyADe

Re: 925 Ring Possibly French Ste cross A

Post by LucyADe »

AG2012 wrote:Hi,
Not French, not British either.
Ste could stand for sterling fineness (925), maker`s initials RJ.
That's all I can tell. Unless the same mark emerges on silver positively identified, I doubt the mystery can be solved.
Regards
Thank you so much AG2012 for your response. Very interesting, after a little more research I believe the RJ and could possibly mean this is an RJ Graziano piece (US), it appears he has sold items via retailers who have then placed their own stamp on it, such as Avon. The Ste in this case is probably not for sterling as it is in the oval with other marks and will likely be the logo of the shop who retailed it. Many thanks, far too many days of head scratching!

Return to “European Jewelry”