Request For Assistance Re Cross Mark & Letters/Numbers Mark

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
TJH

Request For Assistance Re Cross Mark & Letters/Numbers Mark

Post by TJH »

Hi Everyone

I came across an old ring in my mother’s jewelry and the markings on the back have me stumped
The ring is primarily silver with gold on the top.

One of the three marks on the back of the ring is "10K", which I take to refer to the gold portion of the ring.

The second mark is a series of letters/numbers. They are blurred with age but I believe that they are "C" "N" "U" "T" "Y" "9" "2" "5". I believe that the '925' indicates that this is sterling silver, but the letters area a mystery to me.

The third mark is a cross with arms of equal length and flared tips (like a Templar Cross). I thought that this would be an easy mark to identify, but after a couple days research I realize that I was wrong in this assumption.

This is a link to two pictures --> https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Any suggestions as to where I should look for more info on these marks would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

TJH
dognose
Site Admin

Re: Request For Assistance Re Cross Mark & Letters/Numbers Mark

Post by dognose »

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum.

Please embed your images.

Trev.
TJH

Post by TJH »

Hi Trev - Sorry about not embedding the images in the original post. I did read the instructions, but clearly misunderstood them :-). Here are the images:

Ring Image

Marks Image
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

The centre mark appears to be upside-down and reads 'STERLING':

Trev.
TJH

Post by TJH »

Trev - Wow, talk about not seeing the forest for the trees. I totally missed that (banging my palm into my forehead). That's too funny, thank you! Now that just leaves the cross - and the good news there is that no matter which way is up for it, the cross always looks the same. Cheers! / TJH

Return to “European Jewelry”