Spanish Cordoba ?

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
joho
contributor

Spanish Cordoba ?

Post by joho »

Hi there. Can anyone help identify this silver box that looks to date from early 19th century. The hallmark looks to be for Cordoba, but I may well be wrong on this. There are two other marks that are presumably the maker's mark and the assay master mark (L. ID? and ARJAS or ARLAS). The box measures 6cm x 4.5cm x 2.5cm. Many thanks. John.

Funkel
contributor

Re: Spanish Cordoba ?

Post by Funkel »

Good afternoon joho. The mark of the lion is the one used by the city of Córdoba. The other mark corresponds to the silversmith Frncisco de Parias Alvárez, examined as silversmith in 1864. The other mark (L.AL ....) corresponds to the assayer and I do not have it registered. I attach an image with the full name. a greeting.

Buenas tardes joho. La marca del león es la que utilizó la ciudad de Córdoba. La otra marca corresponde al platero Frncisco de Parias Alvárez, examinado como maestro platero en 1864. La otra marca (L.AL....) corresponde al ensayador y no lo tengo registrado. Adjunto una imagen con el nombre completo. Un saludo
Funkel
contributor

Post by Funkel »

Sorry in the name the correct one is:
Francisco de Parias Álvarez
joho
contributor

Post by joho »

Buenos dias Funkel. Como siempre, muchas gracias por compartir tus conocimientos. Esto es muy apreciado! Muy contento de tener la casilla confirmada desde Córdoba y de tener el nombre de los fabricantes! Un saludo. John

Good Morning Funkel. As always, thank you very much for sharing your knowledge. This is much appreciated. Very pleased to have the box confirmed as from Cordoba and to have the makers name! Un saludo. John

Return to “Other Countries”