Need Maker & Pattern help for vintage sterling flatware set

Item must be marked "Sterling" or "925"
PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
whoknew62

Need Maker & Pattern help for vintage sterling flatware set

Post by whoknew62 »

Hello all, Though I have found this site super helpful through the years, I just officially signed up.

(admin edit - see Posting Requirements )

I have searched high and low- trying to identify a vintage set for 6 of Sterling silver flatware. I do not recognize the maker mark. (Possibly a "G" for gorham?) nor the pattern 3 roses at top and mid sections, with leaves, straight handles. If I can figure out how to add 2 photos, maybe someone could possibly help. I will try to drag and drop here. Thanks in advance. Jerry, Well?, No luck draging dropping. Will look around the site some more. TY Again
dognose
Site Admin

Re: Need Maker & Pattern help for vintage sterling flatware set

Post by dognose »

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum.

The below should help you:

How to Add Images

Posting Requirements

https://postimages.org (copy the 'Hotlink for forums' code) is recommended. Do not use Photobucket or Dropbox.

Ensure your images are embedded. Do not post links. Remember to use the 'Preview' button before submitting your post.

For more information see:

http://www.925-1000.com/forum/viewtopic ... 82#p103282

Give some time to creating your posts and we'll give some time to researching and answering them.

Trev.
whoknew62

Post by whoknew62 »

Hi Dognose, Thank you for the reply and information. When signing up, I clicked on "read rules, or something to that affect'. But only got a blank page.
Been reading posting info , and trying to learn the tiny pic hosting site. I am hoping I got it right. I will just give it a shot. Will post 2 photos from tiny pics. One the maker mark on back of the sterling spoon. The mark is rather tiny, And a pic of the full teaspoon with the pattern. They should be clear, (I hope). Pattern has 3 flowers and a leave top of spoon, and same pattern mid way down the spoon. The sterling set is Vintage/antique.
OK, let me give this a try.

Will try to preview. Thank you all again in advance. Best regards, Jerry
dragonflywink
co-admin

Post by dragonflywink »

Welcome, Jerry. Good job on posting pics...

The pattern is International Silver's 'Splendor', by their prolific designer Alfred G. Kintz, introduced in 1939.

https://www.925-1000.com/ax_international.html

~Cheryl
whoknew62

Post by whoknew62 »

Hi Cheryl,
Thank you Soooo much for both the welcome, and the information. Gee , This may have been one of the longest sterling ID searches I'd done since I got involved in vintage sterling collecting/ hobby, etc. Finally joined here yesterday. May be ya can teach an ole dog new tricks?? I thought, after trying tinypics site, No Way I'll get this right.lol
Thank you so much again.

Return to “Sterling Manufacturers ~ American after-1860”