M.M. HENDERSON Ltd.84 & 141-143, Argyle Street, Glasgow. 134, Princes Street & Shandwick Place, Edinburgh. Dundee. Aberdeen. Airdrie.
An example of the work and mark of M.M. Henderson Ltd.:
M.M. Henderson Ltd. - Glasgow - 1935
Established in Coatbridge in 1886 by Matthew McLaren Henderson.
Converted into a limited liability company in 1925 styled M.M.Henderson Ltd.
Matthew Henderson retired at the age of 81 and passed away in 1947, but the family continued to expand the operation with Donald Henderson at the helm.
At height of its popularity the company maintained around thirty branches in Scotland. The company has just gone (February 2014) into liquidation after 128 years of trading in Scotland.
M M Henderson Limited entered their mark 'MMH' contained within an oblong punch with clipped corners, with the Edinburgh Assay Office.