Sazikov II

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Goldstein
contributor

Sazikov II

Post by Goldstein »

Hi all -

in the last Sazikov discussion we learned that Sazikov always marked large objects with his court suppliers mark (eagle mark) - small or "minor" objects only with his initials ИC, with one dot, two dots or without dots. Cutlery are small objects in my understanding - but always are marked with court suppliers mark (eagle mark). Why?

Regards
Goldstein
Qrt.S
contributor

Re: Sazikov II

Post by Qrt.S »

Yes we have learned that Sazikov punched the eagle with his whole name mark. However, we have also learned that Sazikov sometimes, but not always, also punched the court supplier mark/eagle with the small initial mark with or without dots. This is clearly stated in Voldaeva's book with good examples.

But to your question; How big is "big", what is "small"? Heaven knows the measures of big and small. It seems to be a matter of opinion and very difficult to express in weight measurements or measure of length etc..
Goldstein
contributor

Post by Goldstein »

Hi -

if I see some object withe the eagle mark and one with the initialsmark - I always take the initialsmark!

Regards
Goldstein
Dad
contributor

Post by Dad »

Goldstein wrote:Hi all -

in the last Sazikov discussion we learned that Sazikov always marked large objects with his court suppliers mark (eagle mark) - small or "minor" objects only with his initials ИC, with one dot, two dots or without dots. Cutlery are small objects in my understanding - but always are marked with court suppliers mark (eagle mark). Why?
Goldstein
You have misunderstood. I spoke about short mark (initials) on minor parts of a item. At the same time on a main part of item there is a full-name mark with an eagle. For example: teapot and teapot cover.

Return to “Russian Silver”