German mark on this website

MARK IMAGE REQUIRED
Joschua

German mark on this website

Post by Joschua »

The second mark on page
http://www.925-1000.com/Fgerman_marks_a1884.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
that is marked with "looking for info", (A and S on top of each other),
is documented in Mrs. Krekel-Aalberses "Jugendstil and Art Deco Silber" from 1989 as A.Ströbl (A.Stroebl).
Sadly I couldnt find any further information in that book, just the hallmark.
Bahner
contributor

Post by Bahner »

Hello, on page 259 of the English language edition of this book she writes that "A. Strobl" (not Ströbl) may be a mistake for Max Strobl. That does not make sense one way or another. First this mark is obviously not "M S", second Max Strobl's mark is documented and very different from this unidentified "A S " or "S A". There was a designer A. Strobl (nothing else is known about him) in Munich around 1900, whose designs were executed by Wollenweber. Without more info on Strobl it seems a very remote possibility that this may be his designer's mark. Best wishes, Bahner
Bahner
contributor

Post by Bahner »

Hello, did some checking. There was a maker A. Schöllkopf, owner Oskar Schöllkopf, around 1910/1914 in Pforzheim. No longer listed in 1919. His mark was very much like this "AS". So I rather think this might be the one. Best wishes, Bahner
Mike K

Post by Mike K »

Hi,

I just happened to find this forum via the listing of post 1886 German markings. I see that the AS monogram has already been discussed. One further possibility might be Assmann & Sohn in Leudenscheid. They used a very similar stylised "A" on various post-1933 medals/badges. I do not know if they pro9duced much in the way of silverware though.

Regards
Mike
Bahner
contributor

Post by Bahner »

Hello, the Assmann mark is different. It is an "A" crossed by a sort of hammer or pole, not by the letter "S". They made buttons, medals, insignia etc., dont believe they ever made silver cutlery or tableware. Best wishes, Bahner
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks to you all. I've updated the page and gone with the Schollkopf attribution. The mark image came from a hammer finished late Jugendstil pillbox that makes sense for both Pforzheim and the time frame.
Regards, Tom

Return to “German, French, Dutch, Russian, Scandinavian or Other - Single Image”