A Spanish wick

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
amena
contributor

A Spanish wick

Post by amena »

Hello everyone.
Today I saw a Spanish wick at auction, described
With hallmarks of JUAN IGNACIO MONTERO, Salamanca, Spain, 1752.
The city marks photographed seem to me quite different from the ones I find in " Encyclopedia de la plata" and I see no trace of the bull, which should be there, as far as I know.
Then there is a phrase from the seller that leads me to be very cautious
The photographs are part of the description and prevail over any mistakes that might have been made in the description.
so I decided not to bid.
But I would also like to have your opinion
Thanks for attention
Amena
AG2012
contributor

Re: A Spanish wick

Post by AG2012 »

Hi,
As far as I can tell the wax jack is being offered for a certain sum of Singapore dollars.
It is too close to China to be a safe purchase.
Regards
Funkel
contributor

Post by Funkel »

Hello, good morning, I am convinced that they are fake brands. I am sending you a photo of the original Juan Ignacio Montero brand, where you can see some differences, and I am sending you another photo of fake brands from England where that flower comes from. The other mark would be a (false) castle. In areas of Spain the castle is used very frequently but that is false. Cheers.

Hola buenos días, estoy convencido que son marcas falsas. Os mando una foto de la marca original de Juan Ignacio Montero, donde podréis ver algunas diferencias y os mando otra foto de marcas falsas de inglaterra donde viene esa flor. La otra marca sería un castillo (falsa). En zonas de España se utiliza el castillo muy frecuentemente pero ese es falso. Saludos

amena
contributor

Post by amena »

Hello Ag2012
Thanks for your answer
To tell the truth I hadn't found it in Singapore, but from Spain.
Not that it makes a big difference; in Singapore dollars or euros it is always best to avoid a rip-off.
Best
Amena
amena
contributor

Post by amena »

Hello Ag2012
Thanks for your answer
To tell the truth I hadn't found it in Singapore, but from Spain.
Not that it makes a big difference; in Singapore dollars or euros it is always best to avoid a rip-off.
Best
Amena
amena
contributor

Post by amena »

Thanks Funkel for your authoritative confirmation.
I am not particularly well versed in Spanish silver, but over time and experience I have acquired a decent nose for fakes.
Saludos
Amena
PD Me gusta mucho leer la respuesta en español.
Funkel
contributor

Post by Funkel »

Hi Amena, I don't know English, I was educated in French :-) What I do is translate it on Google and since I don't trust the translation much, I also put it in Spanish. Cheers

Hola Amena, no se ingles, me educaron en francés :-) Lo que hago es traducirlo en Google y como no me fio mucho de la traducción, lo pongo también en español. Saludos

Return to “Other Countries”