Silver spoons FB 13

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
meyrink
contributor

Silver spoons FB 13

Post by meyrink »

Have a nice day.

I would like to ask for help in identifying spoons from the 19th century. They are interesting in that they apparently formed a set (they have the same monogram). The dining spoon has the number 13 on it as the only marking (presumably a purity of 13 lots) and the coffee spoon has only the FB maker's marking. Has anyone happened to come across this maker, or do you know the area they might have come from?

Thank you in advance for your help

silverfan
contributor

Re: Silver spoons FB 13

Post by silverfan »

FB in a rectangle could be Franz (Frantisek) Bibus, Mährisch Trübau, but normally before WW I his mark goes with an Austrian mark.
Regards silverfan

fb
meyrink
contributor

Post by meyrink »

Thanks for the answer. I know Franz Bibus' products quite well and they are always on a high technological level, I have not come across handmade spoons from him. His factory in Moravska Trebova is famous for good and modern technological equipment. But these spoons are handmade, engraved in an older font and I think they might have come from Germany before 1886.
Bahner
contributor

Post by Bahner »

Hello, no doubt that the 13 is for Lot. Also agree that this is not Bibus but older. Unfortunately it will be near to impossilble to identify the maker. The pattern was VERY popular across Europe and without any other clue... Sorry. Regards Bahner
meyrink
contributor

Post by meyrink »

Thank you, just trying all the great experts in here :)

Return to “Other Countries”