Letter opener “Eia” ?

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Twigster

Letter opener “Eia” ?

Post by Twigster »

Howdy,

I recently picked up this letter opener and saw it has some marks on it and have known idea on what they mean?

Looks like the handle is 925 silver with blue enamel with the blade probably a different metal as it looks to be Chrome and very magnetic. I wander if the blade is original or a replacement?

The hand has the 925 marking as well as possibly “Eia” lettering. But to be honest I’m not 100% on those three letters.

The blade has a mark that looks like a circle with arrows coming out of it. I have looked at a few marking charts but I don’t have enough experience to even know what to look for. Any help or direction would be great appreciated.
Twigster

Re: Letter opener “Eia” ?

Post by Twigster »

I would like to post some pictures but don’t see the option to do so.
Twigster

Post by Twigster »

Twigster wrote:I would like to post some pictures but don’t see the option to do so.
Could I email or txt some pictures to someone that knows how to do that? Thank you for your time.
silvermakersmarks
co-admin

Post by silvermakersmarks »

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

The following should help you to post your images:

How to Add Images

Posting Requirements

https://postimages.org is recommended (click 'Share', then copy and paste the 'Hotlink for forums' code to embed your images). Do not use Photobucket or Dropbox.

Please embed your images rather than posting links and remember to use the 'Preview' button before submitting your post. If your images don't show up there we won't be able to see them either.

For a quick summary see:

http://www.925-1000.com/forum/viewtopic ... 82#p103282

Phil
Twigster

Post by Twigster »

Sasropakis
contributor

Post by Sasropakis »

Looks more like Ela and when searching that I found this short thread:

viewtopic.php?t=21477

Unfortunately the pictures can't be seen anymore but if you use Google search for Egon Lauridsen, Copenhagen, you can find similar items. But don't know much about Danish silver so others can confirm if this is correct.

Return to “Other Countries”