Undefined Maker's Mark

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Nata_09

Undefined Maker's Mark

Post by Nata_09 »

Dear all,
could you please help me to find out the Name behind this Maker's Mark (photos attached). Every help and information isappriciated a lot.

Best regards,
Nata
Bahner
contributor

Re: Undefined Maker's Mark

Post by Bahner »

Hello, as has been mentioned on the German forum you contacted this looks like a modern Belgian maker's mark. But I somehow miss a silver hallmark. So I rather suspect this to be silverplate. A pic which is in focus might help. Regards, Bahner
oel
co-admin

Post by oel »

Hello, for more information dee below.

The Kingdom of Belgium
In accordance with the Order in Court of November 28th 1939, effective on January 1st 1942, voluntary hallmarking remains in existence, but makers may no longer use precious metal contents below 500/1000.
The standard of fineness of precious metal objects must henceforth be guaranteed. Either by the makers, importers and retailers using their personal responsibility mark a mark registered bij the Royal Belgian Mint, or by a mark of the only remaining assay office in the Royal Brussels Mint, or by foreign hallmarks.

Royal Belgian Mint
Registered responsibility mark of maker, importer and retailer are in a barrel shaped shield.
Source Goud en Zilverwerken van Voet Koninkrijk Belgie page 205 and Netherlands' Responsibility marks Part I, page 88.

The number 3 could indicate silver 3rd standard fineness 800/000. To make sure you could have it tested for silver.

Peter.
Dendriet
contributor

Post by Dendriet »

Hi all,

It is absolutely silver.
If it were silver plated, the silver maker's mark would be in a square.

Greets Dendriet

Return to “Other Countries”