Unknown Austrian-Hungary Maker KT

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
dartsil
contributor

Unknown Austrian-Hungary Maker KT

Post by dartsil »

Hi all

Another Austrian box I am looking for info on, again its the maker of KT I have been unable to identify.

I believe this may be Hungarian, dog head mark number 3 for 800 grade and the letter P for Budapest.

Can anyone identify the maker?

Any assistance appreciated.

Regards,
Colin
Aguest
contributor

Re: Unknown Austrian-Hungary Maker KT

Post by Aguest »

I have a box by [K.T.A.] and it was explained to me as Hungarian so I wonder if this could send you on the right track. :::

"If you do a quick google search for "Kurcz Testvérek és Adler Vilmos" you will find many amazing examples of their boxes, all of which are described in the Hungarian language, most of which are in a museum in Budapest ::: "

That's from back when I was searching for the maker of my box. I found a museum in Budapest with many examples of boxes, I hope that website is still available online.

Not sure if Kurcz Testvérek worked on his own apart from Adler Vilmos. It could be another [K.T.] entirely.
Aguest
contributor

Post by Aguest »

I'm looking at my Box and the letters {K} and {T} have a very similar stylized-font as your letters. ::: Also I think I see a hint of an {A} in your pic. ::::
dartsil
contributor

Post by dartsil »

Not sure where you see the 'A' , I have looked at images and also the box again and I see no 'A'.

Regards,
Colin
Aguest
contributor

Post by Aguest »

When a digital camera takes a picture, the software then builds pixels based on that image, so the pictures that we see are not as good as holding the object in hand. :::: The only letters are {K.T} then and the hallmark is complete, I understand that now. ::: I still believe I am on the right track because of the very similar fonts of the letters [K.T.] and the letters in my box's example. ::: These are the "Kurcz Brothers" and I was wondering if they ever worked alone and had their own hallmark without the name "Adler" appearing there ::: I believe this is the Kurcz Brothers working alone and the form seems to me to be circa 1910 so my best guess is that they had their own hallmark before the partnership with Adler. ::::

Return to “Other Countries”