Table Chandler

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Pablo70

Table Chandler

Post by Pablo70 »

Please, i need some help about this mark. I think it might be from some sovereign of england, but i´m not sure.
thanks a lot

Traintime
contributor

Re: Table Chandler

Post by Traintime »

Just to get it started, your object lacks a full set of marks to be able to call it "hallmarked". One possibility is a pseudo sovreign head mark used outside of British controls. Using the search box, there are many references on pseudo head..I don't want to point to any particular origin, but here is one thread that helps to understand the use of such marks including the sovreign head in oval panel or cartouche: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=55076&p=175897&hili ... 3d#p175897

Can you find any other marks like a letter? Look in the British Hallmarks section (scroll down) and you will see five heads..the Victoria with plunging neckline might also be an influence for a (pseudo) mark like you show in the images. Now we wait to see if someone can find more and better info for you.
Pablo70

Post by Pablo70 »

Thanks for your answer. I will keep looking for more marks on the object. Maybe there is an other one that I haven't seen it before. And I'll also be looking for the pseudo's.
Regards,
Traintime
contributor

Post by Traintime »

May be nothing as they would be very small, but examine the area below the chin as there appears to be some letters in that space. Possibly C's and a P when enlarged.

Return to “Other Countries”