Post by Johny »

Identification of the artist and the date of the inkwell's creation

I will be grateful for the information
dognose
Site Admin

Re: Crystal inkwell with a silver lid

Post by dognose »

Hi,

See Wolfers Frères of Bruxelles here: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=50105&p=177749&hil ... rs#p177749

Trev.
Johny

Post by Johny »

Thx
sraegomez4

Post by sraegomez4 »

Hi Johnny,
It is absolutely made by the Wolfers Freres silversmith. And I whole heartedly believe that both of ours are in a collection of a series of 6 that were made. I have been researching mine for several years and because of the makers mark on yours it was most likely made between 1892-1898. But, there is some evidence and rumor that they triangle with the three 5 pointed star in it was used early. Due to the fact that it is a Freemason sign, which the company was open about after 1892 as the whole family were Freemasons in Belgium and belonged to the " Les Amis Philanthropes" Lodge. But because of political and religious reasons it seems as though it was not until after 1892 that it was openly acknowledged. The most interesting part of mine is the coat of arms on it that I can not identify. It looks as though yours might have a crest or coat of arms as well? There incredible facts and ties to all kinds of powerful organization with this particular family, but the the actual archives are kept under lock and key in Belgium. I have contacted the curator and man that has been given access to the archives several times, but he will not respond. There are so many very interesting puzzle pieces that I can't fit together, but I have theories. I inherited it from my Grandmother who has passed and have no clue who it originally belonged to or who the coat of arms represents. Do you have any information about yours? Who did it belong to, or the crest on it? This has literally been such a long journey of research and coming across your post has given me hope. Can you please send several pictures of yours? Especially of the crest/coat of arms if there is one? I am attaching several of mine if I can figure out how to.
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum.

The below should help you:

How to Add Images

https://postimages.org (choose 'Share', then copy the 'Hotlink for forums' code) is recommended. Do not use Photobucket or Dropbox.

Ensure your images are embedded. Do not post links. Remember to use the 'Preview' button before submitting your post.

For more information see:

http://www.925-1000.com/forum/viewtopic ... 82#p103282

Trev.
sraegomez4

Post by sraegomez4 »

Thank you Trev
Johny

Post by Johny »

An identical inkwell differs only by the coat of arms
In a private message I wrote what I know about my inkwell