This would appear to be the spoon's former owner, and if so, would date the spoon to 1846-1851:
John Morris was born in the Parish of St. Nicholas, near Galway, Co. Galway. A Miller by occupation, he attested for the 60th Rifles on 28 September 1824 at Ballinasloe, aged 19 years. With the 60th Rifles he served as a Colour Serjeant, April 1835-April 1836 and July 1839-November 1846. He transferred to the 31st Foot as a Colour Serjeant on 1 December 1846 and served as a Serjeant-Major, December 1846-April 1851. He was awarded the Long Service Medal c.1846/47 and was awarded a gratuity of £15 to be paid on his discharge. Serjeant-Major Morris was discharged at Dublin on 19 April 1851.