Spanish Silver Spoon?

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
mhmorningstar

Spanish Silver Spoon?

Post by mhmorningstar »

I have a spoon that I'm pretty sure is Spanish, but I have no idea on the maker's mark. The bowl of the spoon has the five pointed star for .915 and another mark that looks like a 3 over GR. I'm not sure if the GR is a town mark for Granada or a maker's mark. I've been trying to find info on Spanish silver marks but there seems to be very little info out there. Any help would be greatly appreciated! (Also if anybody knows what the design on the finial represents... it looks familiar but I can't quite place it).

admin
Site Admin

Re: Spanish Silver Spoon?

Post by admin »

the same still applies to your last image, presumably of the marks
mhmorningstar

Post by mhmorningstar »

Hopefully this one works..

Funkel
contributor

Post by Funkel »

Buenas tardes. En 1934 se estableció una ley, en la que los objetos de plata, se debían identificar a los fabricantes, con un número de registro y una letra identificativa de la ciudad. Esta ley no fue muy seguida ni entendida, pues casi todos los registros pertenecen a los lugares de venta, no a los fabricantes. Hubo una empresa española, (SEMPSA) que editó una guía con algunas de estas marcas, no tengo claro su veracidad pero le adjunto una foto por si puede ayudarle en su investigación.

Good afternoon. In 1934 a law was established, in which the silver objects, should be identified to the manufacturers, with a registration number and a letter identifying the city. This law was not followed or understood, since almost all the records belong to the places of sale, not to the manufacturers. There was a Spanish company, (SEMPSA) that published a guide with some of these brands, I am not clear about its veracity but I attached a photo in case it can help you in your research.

Saludos
mhmorningstar

Post by mhmorningstar »

Thank you Funkel for the info, greatly appreciated!!
Funkel
contributor

Post by Funkel »

I'm happy, greetings

Return to “Other Countries”