Sterling Silver Tulips Holloware -Unknown Marks

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
kerrberry77

Sterling Silver Tulips Holloware -Unknown Marks

Post by kerrberry77 »

I'm happy to join the forum! I haven't had any luck identifying the maker of this, or what its intended use is. It measures 7 inches tall. The lower tulip measures 3 inches wide, and the higher tulip measures 2 1/2" wide. I thought it was a votive candle holder, but really can't find anything like it. The marks are interesting, the top reads Sterling Silver 92.5 with a kind of double boomerang mark. The mark beneath looks like it was stamped at a different time, with 925 SH(?) N and different symbols. I would welcome any information or suggestions as to its purpose or the marks. Many, many thanks!
Kerrie
AG2012
contributor

Re: Sterling Silver Tulips Holloware -Unknown Marks

Post by AG2012 »

Possibly egg cup and salt cellar (smaller top container).
Regarding the marks, I think I can see ``three legs`` (triskelion) in the triangle (the symbol seen e.g. in The Isle of Man, but of course, it was not made there).The other pictorial mark looks like a Viking boat.
Not much help, just guessing.
Regards
kerrberry77

Re: Sterling Silver Tulips Holloware -Unknown Marks

Post by kerrberry77 »

Thank you for the reply. An egg cup/ salt cellar is an intriguing idea. I didn't have any luck searching for a viking ship mark, I too had thought that was a possibility. I thought is might have been a serpent or "Nessie" at one time, but didn't get anywhere on that avenue either.

Appreciate the suggestions!
Kerrie

Return to “Other Countries”