Silver spoons

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
jobstodo

Silver spoons

Post by jobstodo »

Hello,
Hope you don't mind me asking but I have Five Silver spoons ( One broken ) that I purchased online,
I would appreciate any information regarding there age or style, each spoon is very slightly different with Two I think hallmarks.
I have just downloaded One of the photo sites and I will now try and send photos,
Kind regards,
Ronnie.[img]/img]
dognose
Site Admin

Re: Silver spoons

Post by dognose »

Hi Ronnie,

Welcome to the Forum.

Your question cannot be answered without the required images.

The below should help you:

How to Add Images

Ensure you have read:
Posting Requirements

https://postimages.org (choose 'Share', then copy the 'Hotlink for forums' code) is recommended. Do not use Photobucket or Dropbox.

Ensure your images are embedded. Do not post links. Remember to use the 'Preview' button before submitting your post.

For more information see:

http://www.925-1000.com/forum/viewtopic ... 82#p103282

Give some time to creating your posts and we'll give some time to researching and answering them.

Trev.
jobstodo

Post by jobstodo »

Hello Trev,

Sorry for the the very bad thought out attempt at joining your Forum ,
I have a very basic knowledge about the web and I thought my First message would be sent with photos attached.
I have now ( I think ) set up and loaded pictures with PDF HUb so i will now try and send them,
Please accept my apologies if they still don't show.
Kind regards,
Ronnie.
[img]C:/Users/Ronnie/Downloads/20211213_151618%20(1).pdf[/img]
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

Hi Ronnie,

You need to use a photohost.

https://postimages.org (choose 'Share', then copy the 'Hotlink for forums' code) is recommended and real simple to use.

Trev.
jobstodo

Post by jobstodo »

Hello Trev,

Many thanks for putting up with my very basic but honest intelligence,
I have just started purchasing scrap silver objects online and I find them very interesting,
I have just purchased a book called : Silver Flatware, English, Irish and Scottish 1660-1980 by Ian Pickford
just to see if I can identify Five Silver spoons I purchased ( One sadly broke in half )
the book is a fantastic read with lots of tips but I still cannot find any styles that match my spoons.
This is the Second Forum I have joined, I hope that's okay ?,
the first Forum I joined is called: Silver collector forums and I have Three posts, Two with photos
One of the posts with photos is not very good but shows the pattern on the spoons quite well,
the other post with photos is my purchased for scrap ( online auction ) 1725 Caster by either Starling Wilford or Samuel welder.
If you don't expel me I will eventually learn how to post photos.
Kind regards,
Ronnie.
Essexboy Fisher
contributor

Post by Essexboy Fisher »

Hello," jobstodo", many users of the Forum do not get it correct with the images first time. Sometimes not even second time but do not give up. Everybody wants to see the images. There will be others wanting to learn from your posts as well as you. Don't forget to use the "Preview" button before the submit button. This makes sure you can see your images and if you can see them we can see them. And I for one am waiting to see them.

Fishless
jobstodo

Post by jobstodo »

Hello Essexboy Fisher,

Many thanks for your patience with me ,
I have spent quite some time today going through this website and Forum so it will probably be tomorrow or the day after before I have another try
to send the photos, but One thing is certain I will eventually get them posted,
I First visited this website after opening the links on another website, and after a few clicks I was looking at the photo of Six of my
online auction purchased Souvenir spoons by the maker,
Albert Deflon, they are quite exquisite and when I master the photo sending I will post them.
Many thanks for your reassuring words regarding the don't give up attitude, plus I type with One finger so that should speak for it's self.
Kind regards,
Ronnie.
jobstodo

Post by jobstodo »

(Admin photo edit - remember to use the preview feature)
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

Hi,
Image of your spoons embedded; unfortunately this is not enough for identification.
Are there any marks ?
Regards
jobstodo

Re: Silver spoons.

Post by jobstodo »

Hello,
Sorry but I am still trying to figure out how to post the photos?
I think I have managed to post One photo but I have a few more I would like to post,
The link Postimages that I have used will it only allow me to send One image ?
Kind regards,
Ronnie.
jobstodo

Post by jobstodo »

Hello,
Hopefully I will try to post other images of the backs.
jobstodo

Re: Silver spoons.

Post by jobstodo »

Hello,
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

Hi,
Second standard of some kind (Roman numerals II) e.g. Portugal .833 before 1938.
Difficult to tell, marks are too small.
Regards
jobstodo

Post by jobstodo »

Hello,

Many thanks for your information, and I only thought about a possible French link yesterday because I purchased Six Souvenir spoons by
Albert Deflon in the same auction lot,
I have a small 60 x magnification microscope so I keep having a look at the marks and the only mark that is quite clear is a mark that looks like
a cat like creature, the nearest French mark is Versailles, Paris,
I think I have taken a better photo of the marks plus i will send photos of the Souvenir spoons.
Kind regards,
Ronnie .
PS , would anybody know how many of the souvenir spoons would make a complete set ?
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

PS , would anybody know how many of the souvenir spoons would make a complete set ?
I think the set of six tea spoons is complete, and possibly has something to do with WWI because it is composed of Belgian coat of arms and French places known for battles in WWI close to Belgian border.
Regards
jobstodo

Post by jobstodo »

Hello AG2012,

The information you have provided regarding the Six souvenir spoons is fantastic news, I could have a complete set,

plus there could be a possible link with WW1 ,

without doubt AG2012 you are a superstar and I hope you have a fantastic weekend .

Kind regards,

Ronnie.

PS, This forum is fantastic .

Return to “Other Countries”