Letter on T in Vienna mark.

MARK IMAGE REQUIRED
gsmoggy

Letter on T in Vienna mark.

Post by gsmoggy »

Hi Members
I have just notice what looks like the letter H on the left hand side of the T in this Vienna mark, Hermann Ratzersdorfer box.
Have members seen letters in this place before? very ,very,very ,small letter,This may have been his own mark.

I have not seen any letters on this bar in any Viennese books before. they all seem to be plain.

A bit blurry taken of mobile phone image (blown up)

I also notice the letter A did not stamp properly (I can see a faint print of it ) Austria.

Regards Guido.
AG2012
contributor

Re: Letter on T in Vienna mark.

Post by AG2012 »

Hi,
Nothing like that; no additional letters in Vienna Radelpunze have ever existed.
It was well established and legislated Imperial mark.
Slight imperfections when enlarged enough offer unexpected illusions due to wishful thinking.
Regards
gsmoggy

Re: Letter on T in Vienna mark.

Post by gsmoggy »

Hi Ag
I do value your opinion,although on this occasion I feel that the letter is there,I noticed it with the loupe first, In my opinion it does look like the letter H. What do you think it is if it is not that letter, if you scan across from right to left what is causing the pale shape on the left side.

That why I asked the question ,I have not seen this before (I may be wrong) would not have posted if I did not think it was a letter.

will be interesting what others think.

Regards Guido.

Return to “German, French, Dutch, Russian, Scandinavian or Other - Single Image”