BROGDEN, John (Grimwade p.363)

Moderators: MCB, buckler, silverly

dognose
Site Admin

BROGDEN, John (Grimwade p.363)

Post by dognose »

Recorded as a Goldsmith and Jeweller of 16, Bridgewater Square, Barbican.

Source: Johnstone's London Commercial Guide - Corrected to 31st August 1817 - Andrew Johnstone - 1818
silverly

Re: BROGDEN, John (Grimwade p.363)

Post by silverly »

18 January 1832 John Brogden aged 58 years burial recorded at Saint Giles Without Cripplegate.
10 February 1832 John Brogden of Bridgwater Square in the Parish of Saint Giles Without Cripplegate Goldsmith and Jeweller will proved at London. Reference: TNA PROB 11/1795/130
silverly

Re: BROGDEN, John (Grimwade p.363)

Post by silverly »

27 October 1787 John son of John Brogden of White Chapel Street Middlesex Peruke Maker apprenticed to William Present Silversmith and Goldsmith of London.

4 March 1789 John Brogden with the consent of the parties turned over to Thomas Blake of The Old Bailey London Jeweller.

(For any that may wonder about it, these posts come in largely in "dribs and drabs" primarily because varied searches turn up new results and then of course I'm also learning as I go along.) (Also I'm entirely open to corrections of any kind as I make these posts. I'm obviously not British so there's a lot that goes completely over my head, and sadly I no longer have Clive to steer me at times.)

Return to “Grimwade's Biographies ~ Updates”