Blagden, Hodgson & Co. would appear to have appointed William Ellerby and his successors of 8 Ave Maria Lane, Ludgate Street, City, as their London agents. A Sun Insurance policy dated 13.5.1829 covered their stock etc in the house of Ellerby, 8, Ave Maria Lane (Guildhall Library MS 11936/517 no. 1092099). W. Ellerby, variously described as a silver and plated warehouseman and hardwareman, a silversmith, jeweller, hardwareman, cutler and plated warehouseman, himself insured with the Sun, policy nos. (? 745201 or near), 830016, 841786, 860931, 989176 and 1023159 dated respectively c.Feb 1803, 17.4.1809, 2.4.1810, 9.9.1811, 11.2.1822 and 17.11.1824 (Guildhall Library MSS 11936/427, 444, 449, 455, 489 and 503). William Ellerby was succeeded at the same address by Elizabeth Ellerby, William Ellerby and John Ellerby (Guildhall Library MS 11936/513, policy no. 1978887 dated 30.7.1828). John Ellerby retired from this partnership on 29.8.1831 (LG 1831 p.1762). Elizabeth Ellerby and William Ellerby continued the business until 24th June 1847 when, described as wholesale jewellers, silversmiths and cutlers, they dissolved their partnership (LG 1847 p.2521). By 1852 the firm is listed at the at the same address as Ellerby & Co. wholesale Birmingham and Sheffield warehouse.
Source: The Directory of Gold & Silversmiths, Jewellers and Allied Traders 1838-1914 - Vol 1 - John Culme