Inquiry about a french silversmith

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Raffaello

Inquiry about a french silversmith

Post by Raffaello »

Pointed coffee spoons. French silversmith's hallmark, probably working in Paris between 1819 and 1838. It is accompanied by the Raffaello (tête de Raphael) hallmark with n. 2 and from the mask (Masque) and the crab (Crabe).
Description: a vertical lozenge with the letters Q and E in the center separated by a flower with two leaves, above the flower probably a cloud with rays.
I don't know how to attach the photo in .jpeg
Please, anyone know this French silversmith?
Thanks for any advice.
dognose
Site Admin

Re: Inquiry about a french silversmith

Post by dognose »

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum.

Your question cannot be answered without the required images.

The below should help you:

How to Add Images

Ensure you have read:
Posting Requirements

https://postimages.org (choose 'Share', then copy the 'Hotlink for forums' code) is recommended. Do not use Photobucket or Dropbox.

Ensure your images are embedded. Do not post links. Remember to use the 'Preview' button before submitting your post.

For more information see:

http://www.925-1000.com/forum/viewtopic ... 82#p103282

Give some time to creating your posts and we'll give some time to researching and answering them.

Trev.
Raffaello

Post by Raffaello »

Thanks for your answer.
Unfortunately I am not a technological man, but as soon as I manage to create the image I will publish it.
I am happy to be able to contribute to the enrichment of the Forum.
Soon
blakstone
contributor

Post by blakstone »

Based on the description, I am quite sure that the mark is actually "QB" with a pansy and fleur-de-lys above: the mark of Quentin Bachelet.

Quentin Louis Bachelet

Born: ca. 1790, son of Marie Louis Bachelet & Marie Josephe Seraphine Goddard
Married: 3 Dec 1816, Paris, St. Paul parish, Adelaide LeProust
Died: 16 Jun 1865, Paris

He registered his mark ca. 1815-1816 at 13 cour de Harlay as a largeworker and successor to Philippe-Jean-Baptiste Huguet. In 1823 he moved to 58 quai des Orfevres, at which address would be best known. He retired in 1844, succeeded by his son Louis Charles Bachelet (1817-1880), who was in turn succeeded in 1877 by his son George Bachelet (1845-1930), all at the quai des Orfevres address.

Ref: Arminjon I, no. 3109 (Note: Although Arminjon spells the name "Baschelet", it is spelled "Bachelet" in literally every other record I have found, including all directory listings and birth, marriage and death records.)
Raffaello

Post by Raffaello »

Blakstone
Thanks for your answer.
Raffaello
Raffaello

Post by Raffaello »

to Blakstone
Here are the hallmarks I found on a chalice; they fit your description of Quentin Bachelet's punch. Confirm? Thank you.

Return to “French Silver”