Kendall-Touron - French Knives and Forks - Maker?

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
tcloud

Kendall-Touron - French Knives and Forks - Maker?

Post by tcloud »

I recently purchased a set of knives (12) and forks (12) in a green box, with the manufacturer on the box listed as "Kendall-Touron" and having an address of 17 Rue de la Paix, Paris.

I need help determining the (i) maker, (ii) age. Through my own research, I am comfortable that the items are silver (as opposed to silver plated). Each of the knives and forks have a minerva which would suggest .950 silver.

The items have what appears to be either a bovine bone or ivory handle.

I have searched and searched on the Internet and simply cannot identify the Maker in the mark. It appears to be two lowercase "g" on either side of a cross. Anyone familiar with this Maker?

This is my first ever purchase of vintage silver so please forgive if I've not identified all of the info needed to respond to my above questions.

Last but not least...cannot figure out how to upload images. Have several pics ready to send but the Img button at the top is not adding them...any guidance here would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

(admin edit - see Posting Requirements )
dognose
Site Admin

Re: Kendall-Touron - French Knives and Forks - Maker?

Post by dognose »

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum.

Your question cannot be answered without the required images.

The below should help you:

How to Add Images

Ensure you have read:
Posting Requirements

https://postimages.org (choose 'Share', then copy the 'Hotlink for forums' code) is recommended. Do not use Photobucket or Dropbox.

Ensure your images are embedded. Do not post links. Remember to use the 'Preview' button before submitting your post.

For more information see:

http://www.925-1000.com/forum/viewtopic ... 82#p103282

Give some time to creating your posts and we'll give some time to researching and answering them.

Trev.

Return to “French Silver”