Unknows maker CC with three stars.

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Kirils
contributor

Unknows maker CC with three stars.

Post by Kirils »

Hello. As the topic says I cannot find this maker. To me, it seems like CC or GC with three stars on top and something in a middle. Does anyone know who this might be? Thank you in advance.

JayT
contributor

Re: Unknows maker CC with three stars.

Post by JayT »

On my monitor the maker’s mark isn’t showing, just the Minerva.
Please try again.
Kirils
contributor

Post by Kirils »

JayT wrote:On my monitor the maker’s mark isn’t showing, just the Minerva.
Please try again.
Yes, sorry))) Here is an image of a mark:

JayT
contributor

Post by JayT »

Wow - the mark looks quite blurry on my monitor. Nonetheless, this appears to be the Christofle mark for 950 standard silver used between 1935 and 1972: O.C. with a bee between the initials and 3 stars above in a lozenge-shaped reserve. To narrow the date of production you’d have to consult old Christofle catalogues.

The mark appears to have been stamped over an other. If I had to guess it would be the mark of Hénin because the pattern of your salad servers is Hénin’s best-known. That firm went out of business in the early 1900’s; perhaps Christofle bought their dies and old stock, as they did with Cardeilhac in the 1950’s. This pattern is not in production today.

Regards
JayT
contributor

Post by JayT »

P.S. See below for the Christofle mark

https://www.925-1000.com/Ffrench_makers_O.html
Kirils
contributor

Post by Kirils »

JayT wrote:Wow - the mark looks quite blurry on my monitor. Nonetheless, this appears to be the Christofle mark for 950 standard silver used between 1935 and 1972: O.C. with a bee between the initials and 3 stars above in a lozenge-shaped reserve. To narrow the date of production you’d have to consult old Christofle catalogues.

The mark appears to have been stamped over an other. If I had to guess it would be the mark of Hénin because the pattern of your salad servers is Hénin’s best-known. That firm went out of business in the early 1900’s; perhaps Christofle bought their dies and old stock, as they did with Cardeilhac in the 1950’s. This pattern is not in production today.

Regards
Thank you alot!
JayT
contributor

Post by JayT »

You're welcome.

Return to “French Silver”