Unknown Maker SL

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Kirils
contributor

Unknown Maker SL

Post by Kirils »

Hello. I have this silver 24 pieces fish flatware set. Unfortunately the maker is unknown to me. Is anyone familiar with with mark? Thank you in advance.

JayT
contributor

Re: Unknown Maker SL

Post by JayT »

Louis-Charles-Simon Leterne (also Leterme), a jeweller working in Paris at 78, rue Montmartre was the maker. His symbol was a highway marker (une borne). Leterne registered his mark on 19 July 1871. No end date is given.

See Arminjon, v. II, no. 03694, p. 333.
Kirils
contributor

Post by Kirils »

JayT wrote:Louis-Charles-Simon Leterne (also Leterme), a jeweller working in Paris at 78, rue Montmartre was the maker. His symbol was a highway marker (une borne). Leterne registered his mark on 19 July 1871. No end date is given.

See Arminjon, v. II, no. 03694, p. 333.
Thank you alot JayT for your help.
JayT
contributor

Post by JayT »

My pleasure.
blakstone
contributor

Post by blakstone »

Just came across this post. The maker here is actually Souche-Lapparra, whose mark was SL with a tree stump ("souche" in French). It was registered in April 1960 when the famous house founded by Antoine Lapparra was purchased by the Souche brothers and became Souche-Lapparra. They are still around, the mark still being used, and this pattern - called "Blois" - still available: Orfevre Lapparra: Blois

Return to “French Silver”