help with french maker needed.

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
chelsea98

help with french maker needed.

Post by chelsea98 »

i appreciate your help on this box i have.i have a retailers name already and also the name of fichet who i believe to be the lockmakers and not the box maker.

ive given two photos of the makers stamp,one with the colour inverted in case it gives a better view of the stamp.

once again,thanks for any assistance.

http://homepage.mac.com/termagant12345/ ... es/box.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

suzannedoobees

French maker's marks

Post by suzannedoobees »

I am new here, but have some french reference material at hand. I could not make out the marks in your images. Is it permissible on this forum to post a hand drawn rendering when the image is difficult to photograph? I'd be happy to try to pin it down for you... no promised though, beacuse french mark identification can be brutally difficult.
chelsea98

Post by chelsea98 »

ill do my best to get one,though its so small its hard to see.my camera is pretty good and it was hard enough to get these pictures!!

i appreciate your assistance and will do my best to upload a photo of a hand drawn depiction.i'm finishing at an antique fair tomorrow so if you dont mind it wont be for a few days,but thank you very much in advance!!

Return to “French Silver”