18th Century French made sterling

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
markde

18th Century French made sterling

Post by markde »

I am trying to research this 18th Century made sterling silver knives. I believe the Mark of Discharge looks to be from 1775 to 1781, and the makers mark might be an earlier mark of Pierre Philippe Rousseau. However, I am not sure. If anyone can assist me, that would be awesome. If it is Rousseau, does anyone have more information on him, was he the silversmith for King Louis XVI? Thank you...
markde

Re: 18th Century French made sterling

Post by markde »

markde

Post by markde »

Here are other markings on these Stirling silver knives. Thank you for any guidance or knowledge of these above markings.

Niel

Post by Niel »

I have a pair of fruits knives with the same silversmith hallmark, PR and a little man, maibe a soldier.

markde wrote:I am trying to research this 18th Century made sterling silver knives. I believe the Mark of Discharge looks to be from 1775 to 1781, and the makers mark might be an earlier mark of Pierre Philippe Rousseau. However, I am not sure. If anyone can assist me, that would be awesome. If it is Rousseau, does anyone have more information on him, was he the silversmith for King Louis XVI? Thank you...
Niel

Post by Niel »

The knives and the hallmarks. In mine i find some marks associated to Henri Clavel, circa 1780, but i find nothing about the silversmith.
Niel wrote:I have a pair of fruits knives with the same silversmith hallmark, PR and a little man, maibe a soldier.

markde wrote:I am trying to research this 18th Century made sterling silver knives. I believe the Mark of Discharge looks to be from 1775 to 1781, and the makers mark might be an earlier mark of Pierre Philippe Rousseau. However, I am not sure. If anyone can assist me, that would be awesome. If it is Rousseau, does anyone have more information on him, was he the silversmith for King Louis XVI? Thank you...

Return to “French Silver”