silver cigarette case help with marks please

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
jason

silver cigarette case help with marks please

Post by jason »

I have a silver case with a mark DEPOSE and several hallmarks would be ever so grateful for any help to identify

argentregime

Post by argentregime »

Hi. Looks like poinçon CRABE to me which is French and seen on watch casings most commonly but also on smaller items of French silver. From the style of the case I would say late 19th/early 20th century but difficult to be precise sure via a jpg.

Rgds.
frenchie_myriam
contributor

Post by frenchie_myriam »

Hello Jason,

Crab mark shows that it is 800 french silver. If you could tell me in the losange mark which is the letter on the left side of the rose, I can tell you who the maker can be and then narrow down the date as they are many possibilities with an M on the right handside of the rose.

Best Regards
Myriam
jason

French Case

Post by jason »

Thank you so much for the information already provided it is so useful and informative. Still trying to identify the mark to the left of the rose will get back to you once I have finished cleaning the mark

Jason
jason

Post by jason »

Hi Myriam

As best as I can make out the letter to the left of the rose is a C

hope this helps

kind regards

Jason
Bahner
contributor

Post by Bahner »

Hello, the letters 'C' and 'M' together with this kind of flower were used by C. Murat from Paris. Probably he is the one. Best wishes, Bahner
frenchie_myriam
contributor

Post by frenchie_myriam »

Hello Jason,

I agree with Bahner and to complete the information the details of Charles MURAT were MURAT et cie, 62 rue des Archives, Paris and hallmark was registered at the Paris assay office on 3rd of june, 1897.

Hope we could help you

Best Regards
Myriam

Return to “French Silver”