silver chain 001

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
silverstar777

silver chain 001

Post by silverstar777 »

hello can anyone tell me plz what hallmark is this? it looks octagonal i think its french minerva? because i see this little Lizardman in top of hallmark
AG2012
contributor

Re: silver chain 001

Post by AG2012 »

Hi,
More likely boar`s head for small guarentee.
Regards
JayT
contributor

Post by JayT »

Hello
No lizard man, but rather the boar’s head mark for small items made of at least 800 standard silver. The mark you show is rotated to a vertical position.
See here:

https://www.925-1000.com/Ffrench_marks.html

The second mark in a lozenge-shaped reserve is the maker, but is way too blurry to decipher on my monitor. Also, it appears upside down.

Good luck in your research.

Regards.
blakstone
contributor

Post by blakstone »

I'm not so sure; I think this might be the petit minimum fineness Minerva mark (in a conforming outline) that replaced the boar's head mark in 1973. Hard to say without clearer images.
silverstar777

Post by silverstar777 »

hello and thx for everyone here i wanna sey that its not animal head its some mlady lookingr right and if its possible that its minerva hallmarc but small version? its in octagonal frame and also I checked in the laboratory and Silver content (Alloy content) is Higher than 800. in laboratory
I was told tahat silver fineness in this chain is not less han 925
silverstar777

Post by silverstar777 »

I can not take a better quality photo due to the very small size of the stamp
silverstar777

Post by silverstar777 »

can anyone tell me about this item plz?
JayT
contributor

Post by JayT »

Hello

Here are my comments on your chain:
-The style of the links is called maille or maillon gourmette or maille gourmette aplatie to be even more specific. This is a standard and common style of chain, produced in large quantities in many metals (gold, silver, stainless steel). It has no features to distinguish it from other similar chains. You don’t mention the length or weight of this item.
-The marks are stamped at the appropriate locations on the chain and clasp.
-The silver standard mark is either the boar’s head, or the Minerva head mark for items manufactured after 1972. To be absolutely certain of the date of manufacture, you’d need to know the name of the maker and their dates of operation.
-As mentioned earlier, the maker’s mark is in a lozenge shaped reserve, which you show upside down, making it even more difficult to decipher.
-The maker’s symbol appears to be a lighthouse - “un phare.” If you can distinguish the initials on either side of the symbol, it would help in your search for the maker.
-I suggest you search the French Ministry of Culture database for marks registered after 1878 to try to determine the maker.

See: http://www2.culture.gouv.fr/public/mist ... 4%24%2534P

Wishing you luck and a bit of patience in your research.

Regards.
silverstar777

Post by silverstar777 »

hello JayT thx for your answers and your time this chain is 61.5 cm and 9.59 gramms. also it is not Faded from consumption if its 19-20 century It is an interesting fact. also i found some information about makers mark there is no another maker with "un phare"' so i think this is it.letters looks A & f too.
silverstar777

Post by silverstar777 »

silverstar777 wrote:hello JayT thx for your answers and your time this chain is 61.5 cm and 9.59 gramms. also it is not Faded from consumption if its 19-20 century It is an interesting fact. also i found some information about makers mark there is no another maker with "un phare"' so i think this is it.letters looks A & f too.

Return to “European Jewelry”