System problems?

Do not post mark questions here.
Traintime
contributor

System problems?

Post by Traintime »

Have encountered that "Safari cannot establish a secure connection" for this site only...a problem that seems to be a common mystery accross the net. After a month, I found a single portal through images. Something wrong with the security system or whatever? In case I don't get back again, adios!
dognose
Site Admin

Re: System problems?

Post by dognose »

Hi all,

Has anyone else experienced similar problems? If so, did you find a solution?

Please share your thoughts here for the benefit of other members.

Thanking you in advance.

Trev.
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

Hi,
I use Chrome and it shows ``Not secure`` but we do not share private or personal information on this page,do we ?
So, forget it and enjoy 925-1000.
Regards
Traintime
contributor

Post by Traintime »

It's an oddity that has struck users for years. They are suddenly blocked from one or more specific sites they normally visit. From what I read, some have gotten through by changing browsers but it is not a guarantee. In my case, I confirmed from another site that you were up and running. Another pad showed my system at home went through clear. I tried this pad at other home systems and was still blocked only here. Some writers think a site's security system just takes a dis-liking to a user's address...but oddly, I was able to find a link through Images which connected through that specific thread. The display is slightly altered too. I have made no operating changes which might have induced this situation. It could be affecting others and they would have no way to let you know. Don't you love high tech!?
Traintime
contributor

Post by Traintime »

And it looks like I'm blocked from all the marks sections still, so I'll try to post a James Conning sample in case we don't have one.
Traintime
contributor

Post by Traintime »

Some else...recent user photos are coming up fine except for everything Trev has been adding. They are all blanks with question marks. Go figure?
Bahner
contributor

Post by Bahner »

Hello, used to see a security warning when I still had my old computer system. But I had access to all sections of this site. After an update to the most recent computer system using Firefox as usual I did not see that warning any more and I continue to have acess to all parts of the site. I wonder whether new updates of one's anti virus programm can temporarily cause such a problem as decribed above. Regards, Bahner
JLDoggett
co-admin

Post by JLDoggett »

I had been thinking I messed something up with my computer!
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

Does anyone else have problems viewing the images that I have posted recently?

Trev.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi All,

About a month ago, due to pressure from google, I changed the Forum's protocols to the more secure HTTPS from the older HTTP system. Not really necessary on a site like ours, but more secure is always better. I'd thought the transition had gone seamlessly until Trev brought some persistent access problems to my attention.

As of today, I believe I've found a solution that should work across all the different web browsers and resolve any access or log out problems. If anyone still has issues, first try clearing your computer's cache, if problems persist after that, please let me know in this thread.

Thanks,
Tom
JLDoggett
co-admin

Post by JLDoggett »

Thank you, Tom. That cured my log-in problems!
Traintime
contributor

Post by Traintime »

All clear here now, but I did a full system update at the same time....there was a mention of upgraded security changes.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks, very glad to hear this!
GeorgiaJunebug

Post by GeorgiaJunebug »

Not sure if this is a system problem or my inability to figure out the system and/or using a cell phone to access the site.
I can’t seem to figure out how to actually create a new topic as I can’t find such a place in the section where it needs to be posted.

Any insights would be most helpful-
Thank you so much!
dragonflywink
co-admin

Post by dragonflywink »

Hi - when I access the forums on my cell, I have to rotate it to landscape for certain functions...

~Cheryl
Traintime
contributor

Post by Traintime »

Addendum: Updating system information for Apple Ipad did solve the problem for me. But, if you have done this I would suggest reviewing the information in Settings. If you previously disengaged numerous functions for security reasons, you might be surprised to find new stuff that is already turned on (greenlighted by default). If you have set a timed shutdown for inactivity requiring a passcode to reactivate, watch to see if this function is working all the time. If you go to the passcode display, also watch out to see if an unusual volume control display appears above that. From what I gather, Siri may be active beyond your passcodes unless you manually disengage this. (If you aren't concerned about voiceprint technology and listening devices in your home, then don't sweat it.) Also note that are are ways to alter photographs to hide coded information which could be activated by your viewer...watch what you copy as you may not no what is lurking. And do not believe anyone that says you're safe in trusting their programming...review it all, even if you don't know what it is or how it works..there are plenty of tech heads speaking jibberish with a simple search. Hope this does not frustrate the heck out of another day in your life.

Return to “General Questions”